Volvo Penta D4-180 is an in-line 4-cylinder, 3.7-liter diesel engine using common-rail fuel injection, double overhead camshafts, and turbo. This contributes to outstanding torque during acceleration.
- Immediate response and high performance is matched by lower amounts of noise and vibrations further reduced by the balance shaft and the optimized engine suspension.
- The engine is extremely compact for its large swept volume. The rigid cast-iron cylinder block and cylinder head, balance shaft, and exactly controlled fuel injection gives excellent onboard comfort.
- Volvo Penta engines excel with their unique marine torque. High torque at low rpm gives rapid acceleration to the plane and massive maneuvering power. Even at high load and high rpm, the torque remains strong to provide efficient cruising speed in all conditions.
- The high-tech fuel injection system helps make the engine highly fuel efficient. The control unit monitors several parameters which reduces the overall fuel consumption.
- Volvo Penta Electronic Vessel Control fully integrates the engines, electronics and the unique set of optional features, such as Single-lever Mode, Cruise Control, Glass Cockpit and more. e-Key is standard.
- A propulsion system from Volvo Penta is easy to maintain. Our comprehensive range of high-quality oil, lubrication and coolant ensures uptime and top performance in the long term. Accessories include a fuel pre-filter to keep the engine in good condition.
|Crankshaft Power, kW (kW)||132|
|Crankshaft Power, hp (hp)||180|
|Emission compliance||EU RCD Stage II, EPA Tier 3, IMO Nox Tier II|
|Number of Cylinders||4|
|Aspiration||Turbo with charge air cooler|
|High-pressure fuel injection||Common-rail fuel injection|
|Control system||Electronic Vessel Control|
|Cooling system||Heat exchanger|
- Electronically controlled common-rail fuel system
- Compact dimensions
- Electronic controls are standard
- Easily accessible service points
- Solid and robust engine design
- Integrated balance shaft
- Heavy-duty engine cover
- PTO capability
- Instrumentation with full Electronic Vessel Control functionality