Volvo Penta D3-110 is an in-line 5-cylinder, 2.4-liter diesel engine with an aluminum cylinder block and cylinder head, using common-rail with piezo-electric injectors, double overhead camshafts, and Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT). This contributes to outstanding torque during acceleration.
- The Volvo Penta D3 is a refined version of a proven, renowned engine concept. This strong, solid and robust engine delivers excellent reliability and long service life.
- The engine is ultra-compact for its swept volume and fully symmetrical, making it very easy to install. Aluminum cylinder block and cylinder head gives the engine extremely low weight for its power output.
- Volvo Penta engines excel with their unique marine torque. High torque at low rpm gives rapid acceleration to the plane and massive maneuvering power. Even at high load and high rpm, the torque remains strong to provide efficient cruising speed in all conditions.
- The high-tech fuel injection system helps make the engine highly fuel efficient. The control unit monitors several parameters which reduces the overall fuel consumption.
- Volvo Penta Electronic Vessel Control fully integrates the engines, electronics and the unique set of optional features, such as Single-lever Mode, Cruise Control, Glass Cockpit and more. e-Key is standard.
- The engine is fitted with freshwater cooling as standard. This reduces internal corrosion and enables the engine to maintain a consistent and optimal working temperature under all conditions.
|Crankshaft Power, kW (kW)||81|
|Crankshaft Power, hp (hp)||110|
|Emission compliance||EU RCD Stage II, EPA Tier 3|
|Number of Cylinders||5|
|Aspiration||Variable geometry turbo with charge air cooler|
|High-pressure fuel injection||Common-rail fuel injection|
|Control system||Electronic Vessel Control|
|Cooling system||Heat exchanger|
|Displacement (L)||2.4 (2,400cc)|
- Electronically controlled common-rail fuel system
- Compact dimensions
- Electronic controls are standard
- Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT)
- Solid and robust engine design
- Heavy-duty engine cover
- Easily accessible service points
- Instrumentation with full Electronic Vessel Control functionality